Photo Credit: Saarsgard
See also Fordham web page for essays, reviews, and works.
Andrews 24-hour Twitter Sculpture
April 1, 2014
Books via Eclipse
Film Noir (1978)
Joint Words [with John M. Bennett]
L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E [Editor, with Charles Bernstein]
LEGEND [with Charles Bernstein, Ray DiPalma, Steve McCaffery, and Ron Silliman]
The Millennium Project
Toothpick, Lisbon, & the Orcas Islands [Editor]
Books via EPC
Jeopardy (Awede, 1980)
& Peril (1999 reworking of this poem)
& Danger Risk Hazard
Jeopardy Peril (another 1999 reworking via Archive.org)
Books via Ubu
Divestiture - A (1994)
WhDiP, a sequence from White Dialect Poetry 445pp (PDF, 825k)
Libretto from White Dialect Poetry 166pp (PDF, 476k)
Books via Coach House
Bruce Andrews at PennSound
includes LINEbreak interview (see transcript of interview at Jacket2)
see also Fordham page
see also Fordham page
from Open Letter Kenneth Goldsmith issue
- Mistaken Identity:
#1 & #4 (The East Village, 2001)
of Here [See pg. 11 of PDF] (via Archive.org)
[See pg. 12 of PDF] (via Archive.org)
- from Love Songs
- from Definition
from Deluxe Rubber Chicken
- Mars 6 / from
LIP SERVICE from Deluxe Rubber Chicken
from Minute Score from Tinfish
- Seven Poems
- Where Was I Been Coming From," pp. 272-291, Vlak
- Four 19th-Century Poems": Reconfiguring Romanticism, Jerry Rothenberg blog
- from Impatient, #11.4b, in Boog City Reader #2, p. 4
- "Dang Me" #1 & 2, Green Integer Review
- "Dang Me" #3, 4, 5
- from Cone Melt, "Three Poems"
- Pink Hints"
- LIP SERVICE (Coach House Press: Toronto)
- With Strings," Gertrude Stein excerpting
- 49 Waltzes for the 5 Boroughs," for & from John Cage
- 'S' from "Definition"
- Blueier Blue" #1- 9
- FACTURA (Xexoxial Editions)
- Rock 'n' Rule," text for duet with Sally Silvers, Joyland Poetry, ed., Nathan Austin
- Monkeytown": performance text, edited live
- Dizzyistics #1": BARKING performance text in Pompom, 1st issue, pp. 44-45 [PDF]
- MISTAKEN IDENTITY, from performance with Vernon Reid, edited live (Faux Press)
- from MISTAKEN IDENTITY, #1 & 4
- Ball + Problem + Tactic + Clock" (a score for movement), John Zorn premiere, Score #9
About the Author:
see also Fordham page (2012)
- Gilbert Adair ~ on Give Em Enough Rope, in Reality Studios
- Brian Ang ~ "Structure of The Millennium Project" (revision)
- Brian Ang ~ on Lip Service 2001
- Joel Bettridge ~ "Reading Hurts—Masochism and LIP SERVICE as a Tortured Text"
- Joel Bettridge ~ "Language as Politics" 2001
- Joel Bettridge ~ "B.A.'s Lip Service and the Character of True Reading"
- Gregg Biglieri ~ "Invitation to a Misreading: Andrews's Lip Service" in The Consequence of Innovation
- Sherry Brennan ~ "On Lip Service" 2003
- Dennis Büscher-Ulbrich ~ "Bruce Andrews, Dissensus and the Critique of Subjectivity: or, the Poet as Editor as Reader" 2012 NPF Orono Conference
- Dennis Büscher-Ulbrich, Dissensual Operations: Bruce Andrews and the Problem of Political Subjectivity in Post-Avant-Garde Aesthetic Politics and Praxis (dissertation, 2016): (EPC Digital Library) pdf
- Louis Cabri ~ "Social address and the modernist word in Louis Zukofsky, Bruce Andrews, P. Inman" &emdas; dissertation abstract 2005
- Louis Cabri ~ "Mere Essay at Bruce Andrews's 'Social'"
- Jim Cocola ~ "If It's Real Broke Why Fix It: Bruce Andrews and Experimental Poetics" 2005/2012
- Barbara Cole ~ "Bruce Andrews's Venus: Paying Lip Service to Écriture Féminine" 2003
- Bill Freind, "Modernism, Advertising, and Lip Service"
- Dan Glass ~ "Think Locally, Don't Think Globally: Bruce Andrews, NWA, and 'The Language of the Street'"
- Daniel Kane ~ on Richard Hell (& B.A., pp. 355-358, etc.) 2011
- Hank Lazer ~ "'to make equality less drab': The Writing of Bruce Andrews"
- Ming-qian Ma ~ "'Nonsense bargains': Inversely-Proportional Writing and the Poetics of 'Expenditure without Reserve' in Bruce Andrews's Work"
- Jerome McGann ~ "The Apparatus of Loss: Bruce Andrews Writing" in The Point is to Change It
- Brian McHale ~ "Will the Revolution Be Televised?": on McGrath & B.A.'s 'Confidence Trick' 2004
- Peter Middleton ~ "Performing An Experiment, Performing a Poem: Allen Fisher and Bruce Andrews"
- John Melillo ~ "Secret Locations in the Lower East Side: Downtown Poetics 1960-80"
- Stephen Mooney ~ "Complex Time: Bruce Andrews and Joan Retallack" 2012
- Stephen Mooney ~ "Discontinuous Visuality — Brakhage's 'just seeing', and background temporality in contemporary poetics" — cf. #99-124, 2009
- Paul Quinn ~ "Revoke the Sponsors" 2005/12Jed Rasula ~ "Andrews Extremities Bruce"
- "A Syntax of Contrarietry" by Marjorie Perloff
- "Raiding the Vernacular":
A Roundtable Discussion on Bruce Andrews
(March 8, 1996)
- Line And Point To Voice: Language Poetry &
Urban Performance by Gilbert Adair
- Two Languages Blend in Voice and Body by
- Encyclopedia Entry by Craig Dworkin
- Poetic Economy and Bruce Andrews's
GIVE EM ENOUGH ROPE by George Hartley [from RETHINKING MARXISM 5:4 (Winter
- Patterns of Repetition in Bruce Andrews's I
Don't Have Any Paper So Shut Up (or, Social Romanticism) by Ursula
- Remeaning: Sound, Text, Space, and Song by
- 'do it, and again do it': repetition, rereading,
recognition in the poetry of Bruce Andrews by Mark Leahy
- Building a More Powerful
Vocabulary: Bruce Andrews and the World (Trade Center) by Bob Perelman
- Paradise as Praxis: A Preliminary note
on Bruce Andrews's Lip Service by Peter Quartermain
- Buoyant Readings (from far language: poetics
and linguistically innovative poetry) by Robert Sheppard
- "I'm Dracula": Bruce Andrews and White Studies
by Juliana Spahr
- Bruce Andrews's I Don't Have Any Paper So
Shut Up (or, Social Romanticism) by Brian Kim Stefans
- Smashing the Control Machine by Eric
- "I Am a Child": Poetry After Bruce Andrews and Robert
Duncan by Nils Ya
Page created by Mark Peters,
May 1998; edited by Andrews/Glazier, July 2001;
photo by Susan Bee, 1980
updated by CB June 2005, Aug. 2010, Dec. 2012; updated by LPG Oct. 2014