Publications by Ted Berrigan
Books of Poetry
- A Lily for My Love. Providence: Privately published, 1959.
- The Sonnets. New York: Lorenz and Ellen Gude, 1964.
- Seventeen. (written with Ron Padgett) New York: Privately
- A New Baby Was Born. Privately published, 1965.
- Living with Chris. New York: Boke Press, 1965.
- The Sonnets. 2nd Edition: New York: Grove Press, 1966.
- Some Things. (written with Ron Padgett) CA: 1966.
- Bean Spasms. (written with Ron Padgett) New York: Kulchur
- Many Happy Returns. New York: Angel Hair, 1967.
- Many Happy Returns. New York: Corinth Books, 1969.
- Doubletalk. (written with Anselm Hollo) Iowa City: Privately
- Peace. Detroit: Alternative Press, 1969.
- NOH. (written with Ron Padgett) Lines Press, 1969.
- A Fragment. London: Cape Goliard Press, 1969.
- Scorpion, Eagle & Dove. Privately published, 1970.
- In the Early Morning Rain. London: Cape Goliard Press,
- Poems, In Brief. Bolinas, CA: Privately published, 1971.
- Memorial Day. (written with Anne Waldman) New York: Poetry
Project, St. Mark's Church
- Train Ride. New York: Vehicle Editions, 1971.
- Memorial Day. (written with Anne Waldman) London: Aloes Books,
- Back in Boston Again. (written with Tom Clark and Ron
Padgett) New York: Telegraph Books, 1972.
- The Drunken Boat. New York: Adventures In Poetry, 1974.
- A Feeling for Leaving. New York: Frontward Books, 1975.
- Red Wagon. Chicago: Yellow Press, 1976.
- Clear the Range. New York: Adventures In Poetry/Coach House
- Nothing for You. Lenox, MA & NY: Angel Hair Books, 1977.
- Yo-Yo's with Money. Henniker, NH: United Artists Books,
- Carrying a Torch. Brooklyn, NY: 1980.
- So Going Around Cities: New & Selected Poems 1958-1979.
Berkeley: Blue Wind Press, 1980.
- In a Blue River. New York: Little Light, 1981.
- The Sonnets. 3rd Edition: New York: United Artists, 1982.
- A Certain Slant of Sunlight. Oakland, CA: 0 Books, 1988.
- Selected Poems. Edited by Aram Saroyan (Introduction by Alice
Notley). New York: Penguin Books, 1994.
- Great Stories of the Chair. Situations V, New York, 1998.
- The Sonnets. Introduction by Alice Notley & Footnotes by Ted
Berrigan & Alice Notley, with seven sonnets restored, New York: Penguin
- The Collected Poems, ed. Alice Notley with Anselm and Edmund Berrigan. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2005.
Interviews, Talks, Other Books
- Nice To See You: Homage To Ted Berrigan. Edited & With an
Introduction by Anne Waldman, Minneapolis: Coffee House Press, 1991.
- Talking in Tranquility. Interviews with Ted Berrigan. Edited by
Stephen Ratcliffe and Leslie Scalapino. Bolinas & Oakland: Avenue B and 0
- On the Level Everyday, selected talks on poetry and the art of
living. Edited by Joel Lewis (preface by Alice Notley), Jersey City:
Talisman House Publishers, 1997.
- Ted Berrigan: An Annotated Checklist Compiled by Aaron Fischer
(Featuring collaborations by Ted Berrigan & George Schneeman, with an
introduction by Lewis Warsh), New York: Granary Books, 1998.
This list is based on "Ted Berrigan's Published Work: A Checklist,"
compiled by Anne Waldman, which appeared in Nice to See You: Homage to
Back to Ted Berrigan Author